Miiiight have been one of the best commuting days ever.
– Stem on the cross bike is now FULLY SLAMMED. Photos coming, once I cut the steerer tube.
– Rode behind a cute woman on a Surly Long Haul Trucker on 108. She had pannier mounts.
– Had no coffee at the house, so I rode through Durham (Because it’s Friday morning) and got an espresso at BNG. Drank it standing up. Got excited.
– I got waved at by a hot chick in a silver Honda Fit.
– Rode down Watson road. Discovered some trails. Rode down the trails. They dead-ended at a swamp. While riding, I caught my two-year old shorts on a branch and ripped them:
– Two miles later, rescued an ornery snapping turtle out of the middle of Watson Road. Prodding him with my frame pump wasn’t working. I took my wheel off, put it in front of him, he crawled on it as he came to attack me, and then I ran with my turtle platter and dumped him in the woods.
– I took the Rockingham Recreation Trail from Newfields to Newmarket. Began devising plans for a Seacoast NH Rhonde.
– Met Collin in Newmarket. He gave me some new shorts/Keough power:
– Collin took me on some trails in Newmarket/Durham that are not designed for cross bikes. We rode them for about an hour and a half. I fell in love with my cross bike (again), because it can do ANYTHING. Further devising of plans for a Seacoast NH Rhonde.
– Oddly enough, the trails are known as the Sweet Trails (link is a .pdf of trail brochure and map).
That is all. Pretty solid commute.